Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Career Counselling, Coaching and Assessment Brisbane
Wednesday, 6 March 2013 at 8:30 AM - Friday, 8 March 2013 at 3:30 PM (EST)
This course provides:
- Endorsed Continuing Professional Development
- Endorsed Professional Development for Psychologists (18.5 hrs)
- Was specialist APS endorsement for Colleges of Organisational, Educational and Counselling Psychology when APS ran endorsements
- 12.5 hours of CDAA continuing professional development
- 1 complete subject credit (10 credit points) toward CICA endorsed Postgraduate Certificate or Masters in Education (Career Education)
- Apply, score, interpret and administer a validated Australian
- Vocational Interests Test
- Apply, score, interpret and administer a validated Australian Work Rewards Test
- Learn how to discriminate between quality tests and junk
- Use Solution-focussed coaching techniques with clients
- Coach people in producing effective applications and interviews using Australian evidence-based methods
- Incorporate models of change and uncertainty in your coaching and counselling
- Implement 101 Stress reduction and management techniques
- And much more!
“Jim was excellent, the course was informative and extremely interesting. Already, I have applied some of the techniques that he taught!” Career Counsellor Feedback, Brisbane Nov 2008
“a very enjoyable and worthwhile 3 days - I got what I wanted - good PD, validation of what I do, some fresh material” Coaching Psychologist 2011
This is a course for professionals looking:
•To offer Career Counselling, Coaching and Assessment services to your clients, college, school or company
•To develop new skills, or update your training with the latest developments
•For an intensive course delivered by a subject matter authority
•For a course that is based on evidence of best practise published in the leading international journals
•Evidence-based - incorporating Jim’s research and teaching in careers, jobs, stress, learning and training since 1990
•Bringing together over 20 years of professional experience in training, client management and careers.
•Intensive, Practical, and fun
•Opportunities for one-to-one coaching on your own career issues.
Extensive course materials including
- 4 books (Resumes that get shortlisted,Chaos Theory of Careers, Getting a Brilliant Job: The Student’s Guide and Stress Smart) =
- Extensive Course notes (over 290 pages of slides, tools, techniques, papers and resources) =$100 !
- 2- complete sets of Test materials including professional manuals, answer sheets, client profile sheets and job finders
books = $380 !
- Total value of these materials in excess of $600
• Includes morning & afternoon teas and lunch each day
Acclaimed Accredited Career Counselling, Coaching, Assessment Authoritative
- Recognition toward CICA endorsed Postgraduate Certificate in Career Development at ACU
- Graduates automatically get 10 credit points (1 complete subject, Postmodern Global Workplace EDSS612) towards the Post Graduate Certificate or Masters in Education (Careers Development) offered by ACU. Students enrolled at other universities have also successfully applied for RPL of 25% towards their PG Cert courses.
- The CICA national standards regard a Graduate Certificate as the minimum qualification for recognition as a Professional Career Development Practitioner.
- The ACU course is CICA endorsed - not all courses are.
- Insights into how career decisions are formulated
- Enhance clients’ self-efficacy and abilities to engage in career exploration
- Skills in providing practical job assistance advice
- Determine clients’ work rewards and vocational interests
- Improve personal resilience working with difficult clients
- Instil clients’ with a view of work and careers that reflects current realities
- Develop processes to assess clients with career transition
- Go beyond simple matching approaches to careers
- Integrate client test data with interview data to produce insightful and practical reports
- Challenge clients’ career thoughts and develop effective strategies for career transition and job applications
- The course is priced at the same level as each ACU PG Cert Unit, but includes over $600 of resources in the price
- $1499 per person for three days (9.00am – 4.00pm). Includes extensive pack of books, notes, resources and tests worth in excess of $600, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea
When & Where
Bright and Associates
Bright and associates is an evidence-based career development practice that provides career development, training and corporate speaking services around the world.
Jim Bright is the managing partner of Bright and Associates. He has an international reputation as a career development proessional based on his award winning innovative career development research, best-selling career development books and his entertaining and informative speaking and training.
Jim has over 27 years of experience in psychology and career development. He has a BA(Hons) and a PhD in Psychology. he has published over 500 books,chapters journal and newspaper articles, tests and reports. He is a fellow of both the Australian Psychological Society and the Career Development Association of Australia and is a past national chairperson of the College of Organisational Psychologists. He holds Australia's first specifically-named professorial appointment in career development at ACU.
Jim writes a column every week for the Sydney Morning Herald and the Melbourne Age newspapers.